peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have an x3 2008. After I removed one cable from the

Customer Question

i have an x3 2008. After I removed one cable from the battery, the car does not start and the display does not come on again
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no, excellent condition
JA: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was just trying to reset the SOS signal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't think so
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try this if this has not been done already,try disconnecting the battery again for about 5 minutes then reconnect it and see if it resets and operates properly from there.If this is or was already tried or does not work let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete