Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2007 x3. Temp gauge goes into red engine slows down heater

Customer Question

2007 x3. Temp gauge goes into red engine slows down heater blows only hold has only happened twice had therm replaced. Happened. Again. What gives?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 25 days ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What did you have replaced?
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thermostat
Expert:  Steve replied 25 days ago.
The common cause of an overheat on this model is the water pump not the thermostat/ this is your problem.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 25 days ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle...