Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I recently changed my stock wheels of a 2008 3281 xI too am

Customer Question

I recently changed my stock wheels of a 2008 3281 xI too am three wheels the rear wheel was fused on and difficult to take off after replacing wheels I now have a huge wobble in the rear right wheel coincidentally the wheel that was difficult to take off. What could this be
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Matt replied 25 days ago.

Hello

I'd 1st check that mounting face for that wobbling wheel is clean and free from any burr/ or debris that could result in the wheel being bolted up on the skew

I'm assuming that you've had the wheels balanced already but one other thing to check for which isn't covered by a balance check is out of round or bent wheels, if you use a dial gauge on the axle to measure the run out on the wheel rim this will ensure that the wheels are round and true

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
They were both and all balanced and the rooms were clean except the diameter of the room is now an 18 inch
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
However the women brands were from a Nother three series BMW with an M package
Expert:  Matt replied 25 days ago.

Hello

Ok just increasing the wheel rim size shouldn't result in you having a lot of vibration unless that wheel is bent as I've described

I'd suggest that checking the wheel for out of round and tyres for out of round would be the next step, as shown here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkpbs9ns5u8

Expert:  Matt replied 19 days ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you