peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My on-board computer is greyed out on my nav display on my

Customer Question

My on-board computer is greyed out on my nav display on my 2006 mini cooper s. Ive already reset the computer using the test reset function on my odometer but nothing is working. It comes and goes. Mostly acts up when its cold outside. Do you have any ideas of what might be wrong? I recently did a lot of engine work and replaced the battery.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be an issue with the display assembly itself needing replaced.I have seen issues with the display before in the past cause this fault here needing replaced on several models before.The cold temperature affects the electronics in it causing this fault.If you can have the fault codes read out/checked this should be done to see if any codes are set related to this fault here that will help diagnose this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No fault codes were present. Right now though my mini is in the shop. I hit a deer on the way to work yesterday. It will be a few weeks before I can take a look at the display unit.

Sorry to hear that.I hope it can be repaired with ease.This sounds like the display unit itself is at fault here.This can be a common issue and the cold temp can affect the proper operation of it.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete