peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I need to remove the rear door panal - it has the privacy

Customer Question

I need to remove the rear door panal - it has the privacy screen attachment.
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2013 F25 x3
JA: Are you fixing your X3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am - I popped the panel free with the exception of the privacy screen
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I'm upgrading the speakers.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That will do it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect and see if you see any clips or screws that hold the screen in place or any quick release tabs that need pushed in.If this is or has been checked and no release is found let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are no obvious clips or quick release. The privacy screen is attached to the door panel. The privacy screen mechanism likley is attached to the door frame with one or two screws on each side. I believe the one piece door trim surrounding the window must be popped off to the reveal screw(s) that will release the door panel/privacy screen. This is the MSport 2013 x3 trim.