peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My control display has stopped working on my 08 x5,

Customer Question

My control display has stopped working on my 08 x5
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Resetting I drive my holding down volume button and checking fuse
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I took it in to midas and they said they checked the fuse. Hopefully they should have known that there were two fuse panels.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband checked the one on the door passenger side
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If all fuses are or were checked and found o.k. and it is the display only at fault here usually this indicates a fault with the display itself with it needing replaced.I have seen display failures in the past before cause this type of fault needing replaced.I would have the power and ground signals tested at the display to make sure this is the cause here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete