peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My key is locked in the trunk of my 2004 745i, About 113000

Customer Question

My key is locked in the trunk of my 2004 745i
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: About 113000 this is the 1st time
JA: Are you fixing your 745i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I was just getting a item and the trunk CV closed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I get it out?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately when this occurs the only way to obtain the key is from either a lock smith coming out and using their tools to open the trunk or for a dealer to order in a new replacement key over night.I have seen this occur several times before and unfortunately this is usually the only option here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete