peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

In an effort to sound proof my car a bit I removed my dash

Customer Question

In an effort to sound proof my car a bit I removed my dash trim and the climate control/radio faceplate on my BMW F30. I removed two plugs from behind the AC vents and then a third from the climate control module (CCM). the CCM plug was difficult to remove and in doing so using needle nose it looks like I slightly stripped the coating on the three small wires going into it. Upon connecting everything and starting, the windshield wipers are now constantly on when the car is on, none of the steering controls and steering column controls work, the headlight switch doesn't work but the lights are working in auto mode, and the iDrive is saying lane warning assist is inop and to see a service technician. I trouble shot the fuses and found only one blown. #69 which is part of the 12V power outlet, which I assume is constantly getting power. All other fuses checked good and after replacing 69, no changes. What could the problem be?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done is to re check all wiring and wiring connections for any issues with any left unplugged or damaged needing reconnected or repaired.I would repair the stripped wires as well and check all fuses.If all of these are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete