peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Have a mini s 2004 the obd2 port has power but will not

Customer Question

Have a mini Cooper s 2004 the obd2 port has power but will not connect to any reader including state inspection tool
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying too haha. Just checked to make sure I had voltage. I have a small oscilloscope but do not know what to look for
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at moment
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Make sure no wiring is damaged at the data link connector causing this fault here.If there is any wiring that is damaged in any way it will need repaired to resolve this fault.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete