mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

330i 2004 bmw need to know the information on how to replace

330i 2004 bmw need to know the information on how to replace the valve cover gasket and bthe intake manifold gasket

Hello. Please check the following attachments. They should contain everything you need. Please let me know if you need anything else.

VALVE COVER PROCEDURE

INTAKE MANIFOLD PROCEDURE

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what about the flaring above the cover how do you remove it to get access to the rear of the valve cover
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the car is throwing a code p0102 and a po0070 and a p0170 and a po104 can what can cause these codes and how can i fix them

After the engine cover is removed, and the coils are removed you should be able to remove the valve cover bolts and remove the valve cover. The rear of the valve cover is difficult to access due to it being under the cowl.

P0102 is a mass air sensor code. The rest of the codes I have no information on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can it cause the car to idle rough
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
or misfire

Yes, a bad mass air sensor can definitely cause your engine to idle rough. I would start by cleaning it first with mass air sensor cleaner to see if that resolves the issue before replacing it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what about o2 senor making it run rough and what and were are they located at mass flow and all the o2 senor

a bad oxygen sensor can cause a rough idle, however since you have a verified mass air sensor code, I would suspect that as the likely cause. The only issue is that I am not sure what the other codes you have indicate since they aren't in Alldata, so I have no trouble code descriptions for them. I am going to open this up for the other experts. Hopefully someone will have the information on the remaining trouble codes and be able to point you in the right direction.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you could you show me were to find the mass flow senor
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well I repaired all the work but it keep giving me codes p0300,p0303,p0304,p0306 what could be cause this a bad coil or what i changed spark plugs and all help please

sounds like you have a vacuum leak at those cylinders. or more. you may want to check for a vacuum leak or a hose. did you replace any of the hoses for the oil separator under the manifold? those tend to crack fairly easily. and can cause this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well i think i found were the vacuum leak is coming from but i can't confirm it when i spray brake cleaner down by the throttle body the engine idle goes up rhen comes down so what gasket is causing it to do that and how so i go about replacing it and how to do it. need instructions on what to do.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what parts i need.

sorry my internet has been down. it sounds like the itake duct coming from the throttle body is either cracked or the upper part small tube is not properly connected. this is common on bms for that piece to crack. i would recommend removing that main duct piece going to the throttle body and replacing it.

mike switzer,
Experience: lead diagnostic tech at Aamco