Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have 2 questions, 1. do I remove the third Brake light

Customer Question

I have 2 questions, 1. Hoe do I remove the third Brake light from the trunk of my 1990 BMW 325 i convertible? @. I need to remove the steering wheel to remove the instrument cluster, but I can't get the center disc out. I'm afraid to force it might do som damage.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Marty replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is***** for the long wait on this question. If you have remove the 4 screws for the third brake lamp it will just lift up off of the trunk lid. If it won't lift up it must be stuck. I would use a plastic spatula or putty knife to work under the perimeter of the lamp to get it loose.

On your steering wheel, unless you have an air bag, your center disc will come out. It fits up under a lip in the wheel and you have to try and get behind it with a small screwdriver. Once you get it started it will just peel out. If you are unsure of anything try sending me pictures and I will advise you.