peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2012 BMW's Power Windows Are Not Working.

Customer Question

2012 BMW X5's windows were left down and it rained. Now I cannot open or close windows. Safety button on driver's door doesn't seem to work as well.
Could it just be a fuse fault?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Usually it is a fault with the switch that has become wet and causes this issue here needing either a fan to blow on it for several hours to try and dry it out or replaced. Water causes corrosion when it gets into electronics and causes this issue here.I suspect the fault is with the drivers door switch control at fault needing replaced as this is very common with this issue here.
If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.
Thanks Pete