peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2005 BMW 535 Xdrive that feels like it has an

Customer Question

I have a 2005 BMW 535 Xdrive that feels like it has an engine stumble which is definitely more pronounced when the DTC button is turned off and "DTC" is illuminated on the dash. I feel it most at around 80 mph but can be felt at lower speeds as well on or off the accelerator. There are no codes. All the plugs and coil packs have been replaced with factory parts. Need assistance.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked the wheel speed sensor signals when this occurs with a scan tool?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have not checked that. I will do that next.

Check the wheel speed sensor signals while operating the vehicle and see if one or more sensor signals are reading incorrect at higher speeds when the fault occurs.I have seen a wheel speed sensor intermittently send an incorrect signal and cause this fault with the affected sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A check engine light popped on and misfires are on cylinders 1 and 6.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I pushed the connectors all the way in and the misfires cleared up. Not sure about how it drives yet.

I apologize for the delay.

It may have just been loose wires or connections that caused this here if you were able to push them in and the misfire corrected itself.I would drive it and see how it operates from here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete