mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Need valve stem seal replacement instructions. I have done

Customer Question

Need valve stem seal replacement instructions.
I have done this job before a few years ago, but the step by step wis instructions helped a lot. I have identifix now, but it only includes instructions on how to do this job after the cylinder head has been repaired. I have the tools necessary to do this job with the cylinder heads in place, and would definitely prefer to do the job this way. Im sure I can figure it out without workshop instructions, but it helped a lot to know exactly where to position the cams for easiest removal and installation
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  mike switzer replied 10 days ago.

these are the only instructions availble to me. they of course recommend having the heads off. i would suggest each cylinder you do this on have the piston tdc that way if the vlave slips it can not fall in too far and you will be able to recover it. and also applying compressed air through the spark plug hole helps hold the valves up.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Relist: Other.
Answer was appreciated but same info I had already..there is a bmw publication that entails this repair with heads on using special tools..I have the toolsame but would like a refresher on procedure..eurotec or Lou are always helpful