Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My cooling system keep running hot changed thermostat water

Customer Question

My cooling system keep running hot changed thermostat water pump much say head gasket how to fix over heating problem Jeremiah
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Byes
Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer:(###) ###-#### .
JA: What year is your BMW?
Customer:(###) ###-####
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changes wpump thermostat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

hi, can you please clarify your question? do you want to know how much it will cost to replace the head gasket?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is there. Something I can repair gasket with?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple or unlimited questions you must still CLICK ON a positive rating although you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

there is no way to fix a head gasket without replacing it. all of the supposed "quick fix" methods do not work and will in fact cause other issues in your cooling system.

.

the cost to replace your head gasket will be approximately $300 in parts and about 12 hours of labor at the shop rate (anywhere form $100 to $250 an hour based on where you live).

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
If there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating