Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

2008 BMW 750. Drivers side door wont open from in side or

Customer Question

2008 BMW 750 li. Drivers side door wont open from in side or outside. lock button will go u and down but cant get door to open
JA: Are you fixing your 750 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I have it at a local garage but the two garages in town are stumped. Im stranded temporily. they tried checking the fuses, open the outside and inside latch together. They just don't want to damage the inside panel
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: they said they did but im not sure
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: please help lol
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 17 days ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what question exactly did you have about this? what information were you seeking?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
how to get the door open when its in a shut position. door will unlock. but when you pull the handles it wont open.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
did you receive questions
Expert:  Steve replied 17 days ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

even if you are on a subscription plan with multiple or unlimited questions you must still CLICK ON a positive rating although you will not be charged anything additional beyond your subscription rate
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

unfortunately the door panel will need to come off for the door to be mechanically unlocked / opened

this is very difficult with the door closed and can cause damage to the interior panel. You would be strongly advised to use a BMW dealer or BMW specialist for this as they will know how the door is affixed and can do it with the least damage. If you need a non dealer shop to save $ check out or for options.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.