JayPutelis
JayPutelis, Shop Foreman/ BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs Experience; ASE Master Technician; ASE L1 Certified
31247390

Just replaced my engine off a 2011 bmw 335xi coupe. after i

Customer Question

just replaced my engine off a 2011 bmw 335xi coupe. after i installed the engine and put everything back together, it starts up. however its not running smooth. it keeps misfiring and when i delete the codes with my scanner, they dont come back unless i run car idle for 20min. but what code does not clear is quantity control valve. its idling at 500pm cant figure it out.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
changed spark plugs and coils and that didnt help either
Expert:  JayPutelis replied 2 months ago.
Hi there,Can you provide the last 7 digits of the VIN? Was it a used or remanufactured engine,,? Where was it sources from? Do you have the code number it keeps throwing? -JP
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
CAR BEING WORKED ON: E672094
CAR THAT ENGINE CAME OFF OF: E745999
QUANTITY CONTROL VALVE IS THE CODE. DONT HAVE THE CODE# ***** HAND.AFTER RUNNING FOR 20MIN ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON SAYING
COMBUSTION MISFIRING SEVERAL CYLINDERS.
HIGH FUEL PRESSURE TOO
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WHEN ITS IDLING IT FEELS LIKE ITS GOING TO DIE AND IT DOES DIE MOST OF THE TIME WHEN YOU TURN THE CAR ON.IT REVS VERY ROUGH AT LIKE 500RPM
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ANY THOUGHTS?
sounds like there is an issue with the high pressure fuel pump. Can you get me the fault code?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I seen the code on my snap on solus scanner. so I compared both hpfp and they're different.
so I'm in the process of swapping them. I got my old one off my blown engine.
but I cant seem to get the one on the car currently. I took the 5 bolts out, it slides out a little bit. I don't want to break anything,
heres the picture of it sliding out , PLEASE ADVISE
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

STOP!

Sorry, the backend server was down all night, so I just got your reply now.

From the picture you sent me, you are trying to disassemble the vacuum pump. Do not take this apart.

The high pressure pump is the shiny cylinder with the torx screws holding it in from the top. It has feed lines for fuel attaching to it as well.

This is the only part that should be replaced/ swapped over. The part you are trying to disassemble is the vacuum pump, and would not be your issue.

-JP