Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My Rear Camera suddenly stopped working. It is showing the

Customer Question

My Rear Camera suddenly stopped working. It is showing the schematic of the Mini. The radar works, but no camera. I do not have the on/off switch. (I tried opening and closing the trunk to no avail.)
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

this is most likely just a simple failure of the camera or the control computer that runs the system. I would suggest you simply take this in for warranty repair, there is no point pulling things apart and looking for issues on a car that is in warranty.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I get my "no questions asked" refund. I am not satisfied.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know I can take it to the dealer. That is not an answer -- you were not helpful.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.

do you want to start pulling apart your car and running diagnostics on it while it is in warranty? do you want to pay for a replacement camera and install in yourself while it is in warranty?

what information are you seeking? you did not actually ask a question so I had to infer what information would be most helpful to you.