Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

I need to do an internship with a BMW engine repair

Customer Question

I need to do an internship with a BMW engine repair specialist with special bias on Timing issues. Am looking at Vehicles starting 2008 till date. I want within the Zip code 10989 or 20785 neighborhood and for a 4 weeks duration maximum
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
hi, what exactly is your question?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Its stated exactly sir. I need to do an internship with a BMW engine repair specialist with special bias on Timing issues. Am looking at Vehicles starting 2008 till date. I want within the Zip code 10989 or 20785 neighborhood and for a 4 weeks duration maximum
Expert:  Steve replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry but that isn't a question... are you wanting an expert on this site to give you an internship with a timing focus at their own shop? are you looking for a list of shops in those zip codes? something else?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to do an internship with a BMW expert at their facility close to either stated zip codes. Engine repair being the focus with special bias for timing issues
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I got no response now for over 2 or 3 days running.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

Hi

you going to struggle to find an expert whose is on line here and has a shop in your area

what I'd suggest is to present yourself at the local BMW dealers or independents and ask about work expierence

try

http://www.westchesterbmw.com/

or

http://www.bmwmtkisco.com/

or

http://www.rogueengineering.com/

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Matt, i still need help as i have not got what i need. The site you provided are not Independent repairs shops that can afford me what i require so they are not helpful
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

hello

when you say they can't afford me what you need?

if you mean that you need to be paid for your time then this very rarely happens with work experience in this industry

if you are an apprentice under contract then yes you'll be paid but work experience ? then no

what are your expectations?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Matt, what i meant was that they are merely sellers and not repair facilities that can afford me the needed training i require. Afford which i meant has nothing to do with remuneration.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Both of the dealerships have a service dept so it would be worth asking them directly

BMW of Westchester Service Department***** White Plains, NY 10607(###) ###-####

as to working just in engine service then typically this doesn't happen

a service dept will tackle engine work but also mix it in with all the other work

if you want to learn just engine repair then its probably best to contact an engine specialist shop?

perhaps try

http://www.jjpresto.com/White%20Plains-engine-maintenance.html

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That is precisely why i came here hoping one of such would be a specialist here and be ready to take me on.
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

Sadly not I'd say

a lot of guys on here are retired

Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?