Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Triangle maintenance is on I need to know how I can find out

Customer Question

triangle maintenance is on I need to know how I can find out what I need to do will the car have a place for me to find out
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: 2009 x5
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am and I need to know how to find out what it needs or do I need to take to the dealship
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

you will have an OBII plug , that you need to use a diagnostic scanner bmw or equivalent to retrieve the fault codes

if you have an advance or auto zone locally they do the scan for free and give you a print out of the fault code #

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

it will look like this picture i sent you

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician