Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Air pump is lock up will it cause evap codes and jerking

Customer Question

Air pump is lock up will it cause evap codes and jerking under acceleration? It is 323ic bmw 1998
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

No it will not cause evep odes or jerking under acceleration. Does your check engine light ever flash? Has anything been replaced? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it dont flash i put new fuel cap and change the canister under the spare tire and the vent solenoid for the fuel tank I did find one vacuum on off i put it back on
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

What codes are you getting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
P0466 and P1423
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i have yet to find the fuse for the evap controls
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

P0466 is related to purge valve which can cause performance issues so I'd start by replacing that and if jerking is still happening then I'd replace spark plugs and test spark strength to see if you have a failing coil. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well do it all started at the same time but but prob. Want hurt to change the plugs lol thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

If light came on at same time as problem then purge valve is likely the cause. Let me know how it turns out or if you run into more questions. Thanks again and have a good night.