Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

My BMW X5 3.0i 2002 while I was driving gave a jerk and a

Customer Question

My BMW X5 3.0i 2002 while I was driving gave a jerk and a loud noise I pulled off the road and turned the car off and now I am not able to change gears and drive. I can turn it on and switch the gears to drive, neutral and park but it won't move. When I go through the gears I hear a sound and when I put the car in park it gives a loud sound until I turn the car off. When I restart the sound is gone until I move the gears again.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What question can I answer for you about this?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My BMW X5 3.0i 2002 while I was driving gave a jerk and a loud noise I pulled off the road and turned the car off and now I am not able to change gears and drive. I can turn it on and switch the gears to drive, neutral and park but it won't move. When I go through the gears I hear a sound and when Iput the car in park it gives a loud sound until I turn the car off. When I restart the sound is gone until I move the gears
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there?