Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I have a problem with my idrive control system. I have a

Customer Question

Hi Good morning I have a problem with my idrive control system. I have a 328i sedan 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just bought and it looks like they drop soda on the idrive knob, I replaced it with a new one but it's still not working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 29 days ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What exactly does not work with the idrive ? Just the knob?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I just bought it and the knob was full of dried up soda or something like that.... I replaced the icontrol system but it's still not working
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
When I was replacing the icontrol knob I didn't see any damage on the plug that it connects to in the inside
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
the actual screen works if I use the voice command but I don't know whats wrong with the icontrol knob.
Expert:  Steve replied 29 days ago.

what is the last 7 of the vin of the car?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Expert:  Steve replied 29 days ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

on your vehicle, when the controller is replaced, it needs to be programmed using dealer programming equipment in order to work. It sounds like this has not been done, which is why the new controller is not working. You will need to take the vehicle to have the controller programmed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Expert:  Steve replied 29 days ago.
if there are no additional questions, as the question has been answered, please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating