Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

The current issue I'm having with my automatic 04, 330ci is

Customer Question

Good evening,
The current issue I'm having with my automatic 04, 330ci is that it is going into limp mode and doesn't want to change gears on its own and drags on acceleration. I have been able to move into manual mode and shift through all gears smoothly while driving, without getting the gear of doom light, so I don't believe it to be the transmission itself. While there are a hand full of codes showing the most relevant looking were the: 145 CAN moment reduction and 055 Gear check 5. The transmission was rebuilt just over a year ago in case that is relevant
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What codes come back if you clear them?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Those were actually the codes that did come back after clearing all
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Additional codes are listed in the "what I've tried" section
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just to make sure I'm communicating clearly all codes mentioned in both question and "what I've tried" are what I have coming back after clearing
Expert:  Steve replied 2 months ago.

sorry for the delay, can you let me know what battery voltage is with the engine running and not running?