Lou P
Lou P, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15+ years experience in the automotive field on all types of vehicles with access to diagrams and repair info.

I have a bmw 2008 128i convertible. I had my car boost

Customer Question

I have a bmw 2008 128i convertible. I had my car boost sunday because my battery was dead now I have the engine light on and I don't have any power no more then 20km. What wrong???????
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Expert:  Lou P replied 1 month ago.

Hello Suzanne, have you had a chance to get the codes read from a scan tool that can read BMW cars?

at any time when boosting the car were the cables reversed on accident?

it sounds like the car is in whats called " limp home mode" where the speed and the engine are limited to a fault in the system, without knowing the codes there can be hundreds of reasons, this is also not common or else i would have a answer for you. so we need to get the codes read to see what the issue can be , i can help if we get the codes read. thanks, ***** *****