Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert

I replaced the battery on my 2010 mini S hatchback and now

Customer Question

I replaced the battery on my 2010 mini cooper S hatchback and now the service light is on and the power windows, turn signals, hazards do not work. Any ideas?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Yes, all fuses appear to be good
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking the fuses and removing and replacing the negative lead of the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
what service light exactly?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The main light on the front pod behind the steering wheel that looks like a little car on a lift.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did my explanation make sense Steve? I tried to include a picture of the service light, but I couldn't copy it into this windows.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.

hi, yes, it did.

if no fuses are blown I would suggest disconnecting the battery again for 1 hour.

if you still have these same issues then this points to a fault in the body conrol module - this is a small computer module that controls all of the functions that you have lost

the car would need to be scanned with a factory BMW/MINI scan tool to verify and if the module is required to be replaced it will then need to be programmed, again with a mini scan tool

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.