peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I'm a mechanic from the island of Curacao next to Aruba. I

Customer Question

Hi guys. I'm a mechanic from the island of Curacao next to Aruba.
I have here a Mini Cooper 2011 vin#WMWZC3C56CWL82864 it has a light damage in the front. After they make it I change the cooling fan turbo water outlet and sensors airflow sensor. it started but when stopped the car it will not start again. after scanning the car it gave the Vanos that is bad when I changed the car will not start. I bring it to the dealer they told me to change the fuse box on the passenger side. I changed but noting. I bring it again the to the dealer they told me it is the DME but it need to program and to do it I must to change the airbag senors in the front and the abs unit under the emergency brake lever. I have done all of those the program it but still no start. Ichange now the engine harness still no start. I scan it again it give me as follows. The codes is as follows 2dd7.valvetronic servomotor position sensor supply voltage.
3427 engine oilpress sensor electric short circuit to ground or open circuit
36E2 DME, INTERNAL FAULT MONITORING 5v sensor supply voltage outside validrange
2DD8 Valvetronic servo motor position sensor signal implausible
27Da Accelerator pedal module pedal travel sensor 1 electric short circuit to ground or open circuit
27DC Accelerator pedal module traver
l sensor 2 electric short circuit to ground or open circuit
3183 Fuel level sensor right signal short circuit to positive
3187 Fuel level sensor left signal short circuit to positive
Next I clear the codes and read it again it show me this.
2DD7
27DA
3427
36E2
2DD8
27DA
Now this is the question who can help me start this car???????
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the old engine harness was shorting out the circuits to the DME now that the harness has been replaced it is possible the new DME was already damaged due to the harness that was on the vehicle before it was replaced.I have seen this before when a DME is replaced before the shorted wiring harness and this damaged the DME to where I had to replace it again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Pete.
How can I know that for shore? because the old and the new one give the same codes.
An other thing is that it started with the old computer but wont start after running a while it must be cold to start again.The dealer says to change the servo motor after that it do not start again. After that the dealer told me to change the computer no start than the wire harness no start.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You can make your offer I pay for the answer no problem

Are all of these codes coming back again after they are cleared out?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Pete
Yes all the last code are trowed before and after all those changes.
But it started with those codes but after replace the servo motor it did't start again
that is why I change the motor harness the LH& RH harness also

Is there an alternate code number coming up with any of these codes set here at all as some of these codes are not showing up on my code list?

Let me know,thanks Pete