Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

When driving my 94 bmw 740i sometime my trans program

Customer Question

when driving my 94 bmw 740i sometime my trans program indicator light up and the trans changes into high gear and when I stop its hard pulling off because the trans is in high gear and when car gets to about 40 or 50 miles per hour its fine until I slow down and trans also whine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
What question would you like answered about this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when will I receive my answer?
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

no question has been asked - I requested that you clarify what it is you would like to know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to know what is causing the trans program light to come on in my 94 bmw 740i because then car goes into high gear and transmission begin to whine and I would stop and shut engine off and this would reset the transmission and car would run fine until it happen again and I would go through the same steps.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 month ago.

what is the milage on the car and what is the service history of the transmission?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the mileage is 187,830 and a new valve body was installed in @ stop the transmission whining I disconnect the harness from the module under driver seat, but it would still go in the trans program but without the whining and when I turn the ignition switch off this would reset the program and everything is good