peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2011 X-5 E-70 keep getting codes 2c56, 2c58, can drive for

Customer Question

2011 X-5 E-70 keep getting codes 2c56, 2c58, can drive for days with no problem or have happen 2-3 x a day. Usually happens around 55-65 mph and going up any kind of incline. I can pull over and turn the engine off and back on, codes are gone car runs great. I have 95,000 miles, new plugs, coils, new turbo boost sensor, and have cleaned all the sensors I could find with MAF spray. Doesn't matter if I clear codes with my OBD fault code scanner. Occasionally also get the same 2 codes concerning air flow(Can't recall right now) with the 2 listed above. Car runs super good when codes are cleared. WTF???
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases you can obtain a vacuum leak on the engine around the throttle body or intake gasket area.If this has not been checked this should be done to see if any leaks are found.In some cases this can take a smoke machine to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete