peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

A/c vents on drivers side blow cool not cold. a/c compressor

Customer Question

a/c vents on drivers side blow cool not cold. a/c compressor is on but aux fan not coming on. disconect temp sensor on hi pressure line,aux fan comes on and compressor cuts out. still not cooling . rght side vents blow warm. have tried to pinch off heater hoses at climant control valve still have heat coming out vents.
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: all connectors look fine . this is on a 2004 x5 3.o this all started after sitting 2wks when we got hame from vacation the battery was dead i recharged battey and all was fine but a/c . tried disconecting battery and it helped for a little time ,then started same thing.
JA: Are you fixing your X5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes cleaned sensor in control panel checked system pressers
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases the actuators on the heater/ac box need relearned and this usually requires a dealers computer/scan tool to relearn them.If this was not attempted with a scan tool compatible for your model here this needs done.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete