sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2009 BMW X-5 diesel windows won't roll down after visit to

Customer Question

2009 BMW X-5 diesel windows won't roll down after visit to BMW dealer.
All big amperage fuses checked. No fuse layout for this car. Seems to have been lost.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have tried mechanical key and remote keys. All work
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If fuses are good then you could have a switch, module or wiring issue. I'm assuming that all windows worked before and all stopped working at exactly the same time.

What work was done at the dealer?

This problem was present immediately when you received the vehicle back?
Did you not return to them with the window issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm answering your questions:
Dealer was checking a check engine fault. All mechanical keys work. All remote keys work. Drivers controls for Windows and mirrors don't work, but other door Windows switches work.
When we got the vehicle back from dealer we were in the midst of the hurricane rains so I didn't check the Windows... Of course. I will take it back to the dealer on tueday if you don't have an answer.
Is there a fuse ( and the location of it) that controls the driver window control unit?

You said you had already checked fuses though, correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I checked all the 25, 30 and 40 amp fuses front and rear. As I requested tell me the location and amperage of the fuse(s) front or rear that control the drivers window module. Otherwise, tomorrow I will have to take it back to the dealer.

Fuses F16 (7.5a), F29, F31, F33, and F34 (all 30a)are all necessary for window operation.