sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I got 2002 bmw 325 ci manual transmission 5 speed and the

Customer Question

I got 2002 bmw 325 ci manual transmission 5 speed and the rom be on 5 at 100 mph i be on the 5th gear
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I believe your post should have said RPM's are at 5,000 when at 100 MPH? If you're positive you're in fifth gear and RPM's are going that high then the clutch has to be slipping. You may note that RPM's will rise and fall when applying or releasing the throttle, much more than they would normally. With the clutch pedal released there should be little change in engine speed and pressing and releasing the throttle in fifth gear. It will depend on the severity of the slippage, but you may find that under deceleration or light throttle RPM's would be normal, and climb high if you try to accelerate as the clutch is slipping.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks i will try to replace the clutch and get back with you

You're welcome!