Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Looking to Purchase a used 2010 521i for second car. The Nav

Customer Question

Looking to Purchase a used 2010 521i for second car. The Nav screen is all blue with just the diamond icon in middle, no street or details. Any Idea what the problem is or fix? Maybe just needs a CD update. Never owned or dealt with a BMW before so any insight would be appreciated
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Do functions other than nav work on the screen?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
everything else works fine
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

if it was just a missing disc, that message would appear. It is possible that a system software update may revive the system but it could also be a hardware failure of the nav computer. This could be a very costly fix so I would suggest you factor this into your purchase price. Additionally, I would strongly advise that you invest in a pre purchase inspection at a BMW dealer or specialist shop prior to purchase to check for any vehicle issues and to have this fully diagnosed.

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.