Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Lost instrument cluster replaced fuses. Cluster came back

Customer Question

Lost instrument cluster replaced fuses. Cluster came back worked for awhile cluster not working now replacing
Fuses does not bring cluster back fuses were not blown.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
so fuses are good and you have no life whatsoever in the cluster?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
None
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
.
Thank you for your attention to the rating requirement.
.

the only things that can cause this are a wiring / connection problem at the back of the cluster or running to the cluster, or an internal failure of the cluster. there is nothing beyond these two things that could do it. I would suggest swapping in another cluster to test briefly if it works or not as this will determine if it is your cluster or the wiring/connections

.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will try replaceing the cluster
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
that is a good next step. Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating. If you would like to follow up after leaving a positive rating you are free to do so at any time without additional charge after leaving a positive rating