peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Have a 2013 328ix 4cyl with a codep126b canot find

Customer Question

have a 2013 328ix 4cyl with a codep126b canot find definition anywhere if i clear it it comes back on 3 start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '13 BMW?
Customer: 328ix
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i hade a code for thermostat so i replaced that ive been a mechanic for over 30 years just cant fid what the code is an all data or google
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: had front end collision about 3 mounth ago
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This looks to be a generic fault code that some scan tools will display.In allot of cases the codes need re checked with a fully compatible scan tool to get the correct code number.If you can re check the codes with a different (compatible) scan tool this will help and then post that code info here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I scanned it with 3 different scan tools

O.k.,unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete