Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

5E19 - ASC/DSC CAN Data Error plus D3 - DME Idle speed

Customer Question

5E19 - ASC/DSC CAN Data Error plus D3 - DME Idle speed control valve mechanical fault plus 91- EGS CAN torque reduction
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: I have been trying to figure out how to get them. I have an Autel MD802 that I am still learning to use. The ASC, Brake Light (yellow) and sometimes check engine light comes on when these codes appear.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced the AIC valve, the throttle boot (torn) and cleaned the throttle body plus i cleaned all of the wheel sensors. Only two were dirty.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The symptoms are the same before and after the idle air control was replaced. Did this at the dealers suggestion. I do my own work, but they are helpful most of the time. It is almost random when the lights come on, but the codes happen very soon after the car starts.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I forgot to add that the EML light also comes on when the ASC and the BRAKE light come on.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My battery and charging system check fine.
Expert:  Kenny replied 3 months ago.

What year and model is your BMW?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
VIN: wbaet37443nj26826
Production Date 11/2002 2003 (US)
E46 325i Sedan M54 USA Left hand drive N Production Code: ET37