Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

2005 325i with 195000 miles went into limp mode. Happened a

Customer Question

2005 325i with 195000 miles went into limp mode. Happened a couple of times last year and dealer eventually decided is required a new wiring harness. fine until the other day. They keep saying the catalytic converters are going bad. Is that a cause for limp mode?
JA: Has the vehicle been "scoped out"?
Customer: Do you mean have the codes been read? my son in law has been driving it the past few weeks to see what it is doing. he is a mechanic but don't know if he has the codes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not me. Haven't tried anything yet. not sure if it worth putting much money in it. have thought about putting after market cats on it, but not sure now.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: has been stalling intermittently. had ignition switch changed a few months ago and was trouble free for a while, then started stalling again and now limp mode. has been dealer maintained and had hoped to keep the car for a while.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Can you please clarify what exactly your question is about thi? What information are you seeking?