Kevin
Kevin, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

2 BMW dealerships have told me I need to replace the turbo

Customer Question

2 BMW dealerships have told me I need to replace the turbo on my 2013 X3 i28 at 96,000 miles. I am the original owner, have had it faithfully services per BMW's CBS protocol at the selling dealership.
I have two questions, is this the average life expectancy of a bmw's turbo? And secondly could a pinched vacuum line and or pressure converter failure have caused the turbo to fail prematurely?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Kevin replied 3 months ago.

Hi im kevin firstly the average life expectancy is about 100000 but it depends very much on the service life and type of journeys the car is used for .vacumme hose issues are very unlikely to cause turbo damage however a blocked pcv valve could cause premature failure .