Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.
8631066

I have a BMW 2005 530I. I went out to just open my windows 2

Customer Question

Hello. My name is***** I have a BMW 2005 530I. I went out to just open my windows 2 days ago. The car had been working and running just fine. It was serviced last year at Passport BMW. I've only have put about 200 miles on it since last year. I turned the key to unlock the doors...immediately all the window and sun roof opened. The key would not go back to the right to come out. It been stuck in the door lock for 2 days now. The key had not been working but on that day it started working some when it got stuck. The next morning it appeared the battery in my car was drained because the horn would not work (the key is still stuck in the door). I dont have a spare key. Help...Help!@
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: No i cannot turn the steering wheel it lock too. The key is not worn or damaged.
JA: Are you fixing your 530i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried wiggling it out. I used Wd40. I tried a lock smith.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Keep in mind the windows and sun roof are still open. Power for the lights is working inside the car when I open the doors. But the horn will not sound and the key will not go to the full upright position to come out. Do i need a jump for the car battery? Is the battery in the car weak. Is the rechargeable battery in the key fob bad? Should I get a new car battery? Does the car battery control the door selenoid and door module? Should I attempt to take the door assembly off?
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how much longer? It's been 30 mins. I thought answers would be fast. Please refund my money since I have not recieved an answer. No thanks.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.
Hello and welcome,
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
Can you please clarify what kind of help you are seeking with this?