Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

I have 2009 mini cooper s. the mini shows a vehicle

Customer Question

hi i have 2009 mini cooper s. the mini shows a vehicle electronics failed (red min on lift, brake, abs and triangle symbol. What does this mean?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: i possibly heard the front brake squeak, brake fluid is fine
JA: Are you fixing your MiniE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have not done anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i don't know of anything else. just trying to find out what i need to do
Category: BMW
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

The warning lights you have mentioned come on when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what has failed you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with them I will advise on the needed repair.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I knew that already. Just wanted to see if there was a similar issue with another mini owner and that your mechanics had an answer.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Its a typical answer I would get if i called a shop or brought it in. This didn't really help me. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately There is no way to know what has failed with knowing the fault code and or codes. There are many things that can cause this type of problem and with out know the fault codes it would only be a guess. If you can get me the codes I can then provide you with a proper answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, I'll try to find out the codes and get back to you. Thanks again.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Your very welcome , Im here when your ready.