Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I, my key fob on bmw118d is not staying in the slot,

Customer Question

i
JA: What is the model/year of your BMW?
Customer: my key fob on bmw118d is not staying in the slot
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: everything is fine the doors open and lock
JA: What year is your BMW?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 118d
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the key fob when pushed in the dashboard does not stay in ...slides back out
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what sould i do ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

hey , this is caused by a failed battery in the key fob and it will loose sync with vehicle

You can try the below procedure after replacing battery in key fob.sometimes it is necessary for this to be done with a bmw scanner or equivalent

1) Close the door, and fasten your seat-belt.

2) Insert the key into the slot

.

3) Hold down the unlock button on the dash & do not press the brake pedal

4) While you are holding the unlock button press the engine start/stop button to turn on the "ignition on" position. (all of the dash indicators come on). Continue holding unlock button.

5) After 10 seconds a chime will sound. now you can release the lock button and remove the key from the ignition.

6) Lock the car using the buttons on the key fob

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This did not work

then you need a diagnostic scan and retrieve the fault code to see what failed there is not much you can do now if that did not work, it is a hard fault & is not resting.

i m sorry wish i had a better answer for you