Roger, BMW Master Tech
Experience:  10 yrs. experience as BMW Master Technician, shop foreman and dealer.

Got a center console big dial knob that works sometimes - IE

Customer Question

Got a center console big dial knob that works sometimes - IE the menu screen we can scroll then select some menu items but when it comes to the Nav item it does not select it or open the menu item .CS1
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did this issue just now occur here with this fault?

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or correct this issue here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Car came in with a clutch problem , the gps apparently installed by another car lot was draining the battery we so my tech re-routed the aftermarket gps instead of directly to the battery now the BMW doesnt have a over night battery strain .But the select knob appears to have a problem only on the factory gps system in opening the gps system screen .Is it possible the a/m gps system meshed with the factory gps so the other note lot could track him ?CS1
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry we had to move on ........CS1

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last couple of days.Did you still need help with this here?

Let me know,thanks Pete