peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

06 325i the anti trap symbol is showing, and the window will

Customer Question

06 325i the anti trap symbol is showing , and the window will not go up or down . is the motor defective ?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If there are no noises when trying to operate the window this can indicate the window motor or switch at fault needing replaced.This would need tested further electronically to locate and repair the cause.

As for the light on this can indicate a fault code has set and the fault codes need checked/read out with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed and repaired to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete