peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I think my car is possessed. sample,,filled with gas. went

Customer Question

I think my car is possessed. sample,,filled with gas. went to start and reserve warning came on. Another time warning of exceeded speed limit. A times it wont recogonise the key
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: 2004 745li
JA: Are you fixing your 745li yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just bought the car,,will be doing my own repairs. I'm a diesel mech.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just need to know if it's worth putting money into
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car runs great,,not a gas hog. Just random elec. issues with sensors ,,periodic stalling,,random won't recognize the key
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It does need valve cover gaskets and right side strut arms,,which I have ready to install
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the fault codes checked at all this needs done.If a code is set the code needs diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This needs done with a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model.

If there are no codes or this has been done already and there are codes post them here and let me know.

It is possible this may be an internal intermittent fault with the electronic ignition switch as some of these can fail in some cases.If you can get the code info and post it here let me know.If you cannot do this let me know as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete