Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years Fixing Cars and Trucks
7276279

How can I reset the battery warning fault light on my 2010,,

Customer Question

How can I reset the battery warning fault light on my 2010,, 750li.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The battery had to be replaced and it's says Battery not charging, electrical systems will shut down. But this was repaired 2 months ago
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The battery was Badded. The dealership were closed, So a repair shop replaced the battery and all is fine except for the warning light.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It's just remove ingredients the warning alarm light.
Category: BMW
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There must be a way to reset this battery warning light on my BMW. Thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the battery light is still coming on then the system is seeing a fault . There is no reset. Your going to need to start with having the charging system tested to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ron, Your answer is wrong. You should have called BMW service department. The only way to remove the battery fault light is to bring it to BMW for them to reset it with there special equipment. They told me that nothing is wrong with the car but a BMW dealer service reset was the only way to remove the warning light. .I already knew that but thought you might be able to tell me how to reset it. Thanks anyway.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
PS,, the charging and electrical system was already tested by 3 very qualified mechanics after battery was replaced and is charging fine.