peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

I have a BMW X3 (2012). The way-back is locked and it will

Customer Question

i have a BMW X3 (2012). The way-back is locked and it will not unlock. I have locked and unlocked, turned the car on and off, all other doors unlock just fine. Ideas?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal mechanical or electrical fault in the rear back door latch/actuator itself.I have seen this fail before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.This will have to be checked/tested further to be sure this is the cause here.The interior door paneling usually needs removed to try and manually release the door then the latch/actuator tested/checked to see if it needs replaced which I suspect it does.In some cases this fault can be due to broken wiring leading from the body to the door with the wiring needing inspected and repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete