peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Driver and passenger seat, relays click so the controls work

Customer Question

Driver and passenger seat, relays click so the controls work can move the driver seat forward but won't move backwards, the airbag in the driver seat doesn't work. Passenger seat won't move forward or back but the lumbar air bags do work. Any idea?
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like separate issues that occurred over time.The issues sound to be a fault with the drivers seat motor or track for the backwards movement issue and a fault with the air bag pump/motor itself.I have seen these fail before.For the passenger swat this sounds like a fault with the seat motor itself that isnt allowing the seat to move needing replaced.

You will need to have this checked/tested to make sure this is the cause here and to see if any other components are an issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete