peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2008 Mini Hatchback non-turbo) I am getting a p0015 and

Customer Question

2008 Mini Cooper Hatchback non-turbo) I am getting a p0015 and P1339 error code. I have ordered and received a VANOS solenoid and am about to replace. But I see there are actually two on my car. One on the front and one on the back. Which one should I replace? I also ordered a Cam Position Sensor. Again there are tow. Which one should i replace to repair this error?
Thank you in advance.
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

P0015 is for the exhaust and code P1339 is a code for the cam position sensor B bank 1.If you need locations of the banks let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello,Yes my original question was asking which, by location, cam position sensor and Vanos solenoid should I swap out? There are two each on my car.

It looks like B6224a is the cam sensor needing replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ugx8ydls7pfh9q/cam-08-11.gif?dl=0

I would start with this and see if any of the codes come back after it is replaced and let me know as sometimes this sensor acting up can cause other codes and issues here.

Thanks Pete