peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My BMW 325i 2003 spits P1500 or BMW code 211. I am having

Customer Question

My BMW 325i 2003 spits P1500 or BMW code 211. I am having different problems with my car for more than a year. I had different codes and so I had to replace a lot of different sensors, solenoids, pumps and other things. The current problem has been there for over six months now which is the code P1500 i.e. ICV stuck open or mechanical open fault. First it pope brake warning light, traction and EML lights on the dash and if this condition persists it pops the P1500/code 211. All the suction boots were replace a year ago. I’ve replaced ICV three times (2 good used and one new), replaced throttle body three times (good used), MAF four times (three new after market one new original from Autozone) and so on but I am still not able to get rid of the code. Last week I accidentally left the F connector on the intake boot unconnected and drove the car for few miles without any codes. I wasn’t sure what I did that fixed the problem but after couple of days I noticed what it was and so I started playing with different F connector combinations to find out which connection has the problem. It was strange that the instant I connect any or both of the two rubber tubes to the boot via F connector I get the code. The most funny part of it is that if I totally block of F connector intake to boot, that also pops the code. As a side note, when I fill the gas in my car my nozzle shut off itself every now and then indicating problem with the fuel tank vapor vent system. The F connector connects the fuel pressure regulator from the fuel filter and the suction jet pump to the suction boot. It seems like this has something to do with the fuel vapor recovery/vent system. So far I am not getting any fuel vent system related P440 type of faults.
I could be totally wrong because even when the F connector is not connected to the boot and the connection on the boot is open to air I still get the brake, traction and EML lights on once in may be 100miles but seldom does it persist to pop P1500/code 211. So in other words the problem is there only that right now the F connector is not connected to the boot as it reduces the frequency of the P1500/code 211..
Category: BMW
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not checked for any damaged or corroded wiring on the engine or leading from the computers this needs done.If any damaged wiring is found this can cause this type of fault here and would need repaired or replaced.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The wires, wiring harness and connectors have been physically inspected multiple times. No wire damage, rips or cuts have been found, the connectors have been tested for their proper tight fitting. A wire by wire continuity/voltage level/signal noise has not been done from ECU to rest of the I/Os. If you have any specific test in mind please let me know I'll see if I could run the test for you.
As a side note, I see some shadow memory errors but none of them had ever translated into an MIL so I never paid attention to them earlier but just FYI I am letting you know. Also their error frequency has always been 0 i.e. another reason to not be too concerned about these error codes. I've not read the shadow memory in a month or so but I think it will most likely still show BMW error codes 90 (TEG_UP_1), 91(TEG_UP_2), 93(TEG_DOWN_2) and 52(Exhaust Flap).
Although codes 90s are all exhaust temp pre and post cat converter bank 1 and 2 related but the error frequency is 0 for all of these and thats why they never concerned me. Also the code 52 is strange because I do not have any exhaust flap in my car and so I don't know what it means. Besides the error frequency on this one is also 0 and so I never paid attention but I am just letting you know so you have better picture of the problem. Sometimes too much information is a source of confusion and I hope I am not causing any confusion yet.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
One last thing for your info before someone else can answer my question. It might help others too. Please visit the following link. It looks like a similar scenario like mine (codes 90, 91, 93, 52) but I cannot fully understand it as its mostly in German language.http://www.bmw-sport.pl/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=118805&start=280Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am waiting for the response for more than three weeks now. Can someone respond and try to solve my problem or just refund the money if no expert can solve this seemingly not very complicated scenario.