sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I own a 2008 BMW X5 4.8i with suspension problems. Both of

Customer Question

Hi! I own a 2008 BMW X5 4.8i with suspension problems. Both of the rear airbags were replaced due to leaks and now the rear suspension is sitting really low. Both of the airbags are inflated and won't leak and the air compressor is working but just won't raise the suspension height.
Checked fuses behind glovebox and in the rear compartment and they are fine.
Dealer already did height adjustment procedure and claim there is something wrong with the compressor.
What should I check next?
Thanks!
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, already checked all the fuses on the front and rear panels and they are OK.
I've been reading about height sensors and valve block leaks but haven't tested those.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all the information I have at the moment.
Category: BMW
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the compressor is running and it's attempting to raise the vehicle yet is unable and there are no leaks then the compressor is a very likely cause. I'm uncertain what kind of help you were looking for; it looks as though the problem has been diagnosed in person by a dealer but the repair has not been done?